Sunday, March 8, 2015

My FAVE Smoothie

I may have mentioned that I have been able to lose about 30 pounds and keep it off for a couple years now. There was no super diet that I subscribed to other than really working on burning more calories than I consume.  In order to make sure I can make it through the day doing that without going completely crazy from hunger, I have to make sure I get enough protein and fat.  I am a big carb girl (can someone say crusty white bread, pasta, rice... yummo!), so this was difficult.

Here's a smoothie that gets me through a lot of mornings without cravings that I'd have with sugary, carb-filled "other stuff" that I used to have.

SUPER SMOOTH SMOOTHIE

1/4 medium avocado
1/2 cup plain lowfat greek yogurt
5-6 frozen strawberries
1/2-3/4 cup skim milk (sometimes I use soy milk as well)
1 scoop protein powder

As reported by myfitnesspal with the ingredients as I added them (myfitnesspal.com - LOVE it): 
306 calories, 11 grams fat, 35 g protein
Other additions for an energy punch... spinach (you will never know it's in there, but adds a healthy boost), raspberries, blueberries.  

Blend all until smooth.  This made enough for one glass... about this size... as you can see, I could not wait to drink it! :o)
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment